Congratulations! Of all the girls that the bride has met in her lifetime to date, you stand out above the rest!
The title of bridesmaid comes with responsibility. The bride and her Maid of Honour will look to you for help many times during the planning stages and on the wedding day. So, what do you have to do?
- Help the bride plan her wedding.
- Listen to her plans with a smile on your face.
- Make time for group dress shopping trips and fittings.
- Pay for your bridesmaid’s dress, even if you hate it. You can let your feelings be known but the bride has the final call on what you wear.
- Help addresses and assemble wedding and shower invitations.
- Help wrap and tag guest favours.
- Help the Maid of Honour plan the Hen Party.
- Attend the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner.
- Help decorate ceremony and reception locations if necessary.
- Walking down the aisle as part of the procession then standing alongside the other attendants before being seated during the wedding ceremony itself.
- Sit at the head table.
- Have a dance with the grooms-men.
- Dive to catch the bouquet thrown by the bride!
- Offer to help the Maid of Honour when needed.
- Help load gifts into car.
- Help with clean-up at the end of the night (for all the different events).